Sunday, May 3, 2015

May Pinterest Linky


Can you believe it's May already?  The countdown has begun!  And here's some pins to help you make it though the next few days!  The end of the year is my favorite time of year because all of the stress of testing is gone and we get to have fun while learning!  The worst part is coming up with engaging activities so your students don't go absolutely bonkers.  Here are three ideas to keep your end of the year somewhat sane. :)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/227924431118058131/
I love this first idea!  It's the CUTEST craft, a great bulletin board, and a good self-reflection activity.  I'm loving the idea of a graduation cap, too!  I'll be making this next week with my littles to keep their antsy hands busy. :)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/227924431118089659/
Peanut Butter Bird Feeders are a mess, but the kids will absolutely love them!  Last year I did these at the end of the year.  I made a few to hang outside our windows at school and the kids made some to take home. We really spent way too long watching out our windows.  I'm not joking...I turned out the lights and we got quiet and we counted how many different birds came to our bird feeder...for a lonnnng time.  We honestly might have counted more squirrels than birds, but the kids were still totally engaged!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/227924431118089668/
You just HAVE to click the Pinterest link for this one.  This blogger did her child's birthday party with snacks from various books.  At our school, we are only allowed to watch one movie between now and the end of school...which leaves a lot of activities to be planned between now and then.  This made me think, why not have a book themed snack party?  I am super psyched!  If your students are allowed to bring homemade snacks, you could have them bring in their favorite book with a matching snack.  If they're not allowed to bring homemade snacks, make your own snacks!  Now I am no Betty Crocker, but I can do break and bake cookies and goldfish.  I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have my kids read the books to their class while they eat their snacks!  Oh, what a nerdy teacher's dream party!

Hoping you have a magical end of the year filled with fun!




4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Only one movie between now and the end of the year? Well the book and treats idea is so cute! Thank you for linking up and sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't watch any movies nor have any parties! I'm glad to see another teacher from TN!! I love that graduation craft, I need to do that. I hope you're coming to the Teacher Blogger Meetup in Nashville this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I just saw this comment! I was looking at pictures of the Nashville Teacher Bash and wishing I was there! It looks like you all had a blast!

      Delete
  3. I love the book and snack idea! I've got to mark that down! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete