Friday, May 1, 2015

The Teacher Anchor

I am all about organization and planning.  I may not always be organized or planned, but believe me - I'm all about it.  This year I decided to invest in a Teacher Anchor.  It was definitely one of the best choices I've made all year!  Here is the (beautiful) new and improved Teacher Anchor!
What do I love about this year's Teacher Anchor?  EVERYTHING.  But here's the three things I love the most.

1. The Forms:  I've used these nonstop all year long.  I bought the Complete Teacher Anchor last year (and you should get one this year...).  My favorite part has been the sheets that came with it.  They are so useful and practical.  I use a sheet for each week's small group reading time.  I can easily plan, track, and modify three different reading groups with these amazing sheets!  Now I am able to look back at records through August to see what I have taught each child in my room, what they have mastered, and what I still need to teach them before second grade.

2. The Flexibility:  About halfway through the year, I was asked by my school to use an online planbook through which I was required to submit my plans weekly.  I firmly believe a planbook is like a teacher's diary - you just don't mess with it. :)  But I also try to be flexible.  Even while using the online system to submit my plans, I can easily change the headings of my Teacher Anchor.  Instead of using Math, Reading, Writing, etc., I've been using headings of "To Do at School" and "Activities to Create."  I LOVE that although my situation changed during the year, I can still use my Teacher Anchor for planning what I need to plan - even if it isn't subject areas!

3.  The Little Things: I love the little extras in the Teacher Anchor that you won't always find in other planbooks.  I am crazy about the little stickers that say "Grades Due" and "Early Dismissal."  I love the useful Substitute Sheets that are added in the planner.  The Birthday Calendar has kept me on top of my kids' birthdays throughout the year (because I am really bad about remembering birthdays).  This year...are you ready?...this year you can also get your Teacher Anchor Binder PERSONALIZED!  Is that not the best thing ever?  You can choose between 12 different colors and get your fabulous name printed on the front.  It's these little things that has me DYING for a Teacher Anchor this year!

So please, go quickly to C. Jayne Teach's Shop to view more about this fabulous product for the upcoming school year!

EDIT: So I wrote this blog post, and then I watched this video.  Everything I loved about last year is here AND EVEN MORE!  My absolute favorite thing from last year, the forms, are now in the Teacher Anchor!  I can't hold in my excitement!  Please, please, please watch this video!  It's the best thing you'll do all day!


2015-16 Teacher Anchor™ from Chandra Verbic on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment